Riverside Public Utilities WaterWise Landscape Rebate Program
The WaterWise Landscape Rebate Program provides incentives for Riverside Public Utilities residential and commercial water customers who replace existing lawn areas with water-efficient, California-friendly plants. Customers can receive up to $1.00 per square foot for living grass (lawn) that is replaced with WaterWise landscaping suited to our region’s semi-arid climate.
Restrictions apply, so be sure to read the program guidelines and process guidelines for more information. We also suggest you review the program resources, frequently asked questions and study guide sections of this website to help you get started with your project.
Thank you for your interest in helping us conserve water!
- $1.00 per square foot incentive for removal of living turf.
- To qualify, customers must remove a minimum of 500 square feet.
- This program is open to both RPU residential and commercial water customers. The maximum rebate for residential customers is limited to 3,000 square feet and 25,000 square feet for commercial customers.
- At a minimum, 50% of the eligible Project Area (including permeable hardscape areas) must be landscaped with climate-appropriate plants (artificial turf does not meet program guidelines and is NOT qualified to receive a rebate).
- You must check with your Homeowner’s Association, City and County for rules and regulations related to landscaping your specific property prior to starting your project.
- This program is designed to produce water savings. If turf is dead it does not garner water savings therefore; you will not be allowed to participate in the program.
- Computer, Internet, and email access are required to participate. Applications must be submitted through this website, paper applications cannot be accepted. If you do not have computer access, please contact 951.826.5311 for assistance.
- The completed Project area must remain in compliance with all Program conditions for a period of at least 5 years from the date of Project approval.
Get started today!